Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011

The book that I read this week was The Magic Kingdom by Stanley Elkin. It is basically about a guy who's son had an illness and he became obsessed with trying to cure him, but he eventually died. His wife left him after his son's death and he was devasted. He then begins to become obsessed with terminally ill children and wanting to let them have fun instead of them spending their last hours in the hospital.

A few of sentences in the book stood out to me:
1. "Who dropped out of sleep into wakefulness-Eddy watching through his lashes-like synchronized swimmers" (page 97).
2. "She doesn't care what they say, sentiment is the only true breeding" (pages 81-82).

WEEKLY READING LOG
Pages this week: 104
Pages this semester: 104

This is the second week of my senior year and I still don't feel like I am a senior. I actually don't feel like I'm in school. This may be a cause of me not having to go to practice after school anymore because I quit cross country. Anyways, I have a pretty easy, adaptable schedule that isn't too challenging. Recently I have taken on a job at Coventry 13 Theatre and today, Friday, is my first day! I'm not exactly sure how it's going to be, but I'm hoping that it won't be dreadful. I'm a little scared to be honest because I've never had a job, so I'm not sure what to expect. So wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment