Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

Q: Where and when did you find yourself sitting down to read? Do you tend to read with music on, or in silence? By the computer? Did you find yourself checking your phone a lot, or do you ever loser yourself in the reading? Do you ever talk about the books you read with your family or friends or teachers?

 A: Over the semester I have been finding myself reading when I am done with my homework or at my job when things aren't busy (which is most of the time). It was really hard for me to actually find time to read because I have been getting a lot of homework so I have been strained to read at like 11 at night. I usually read in the silence because if I don't then I get distracted and I don't remember what I am reading. I usually read in my room sitting on my bed with my door closed so I can't hear the T.V. in the other room. Whenever I get to a new chapter I usually take a break and look up or check my phone. I don't really have that long of an intention span, so if the book isn't the most interesting I probably won't "lose my in the reading". Also I'm not a bookworm and books aren't really what interests me the most, so I don't necessarily talk about books I've read. If I do it would probably be about some absurdity I found in the book and that would be the extent of it. This class didn't really change my view of books as much as you probably would hope for, but I never thought badly of books before so I guess that is good. I just have a lot to do and reading requires a clear mind, a good amount of time, and an adequate intention span. I don't really have any of those right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment