Thursday, September 15, 2011

Johnny Appleseed

If you are new to the area, or just a complete hermit I've got some news for you! But if not, then just a little reminder. This weekend is Johnny Appleseed Festival. I haven't been for the last couple years, so I am super excited. I used to go with my grandparents, but not anymore. I'm probably going to buy some craft, they usually sell homemade rings. They are always pretty cool. I might even look for a christmas gift there for my brother Kevin because he likes weird things like walking sticks. There is so much to do. There is all different kinds of homemade foods including just about anything you can make with apples, they have homemade root beer, they have all of these old timey decorations, and a little petting zoo. Its an 1800 period style festival so don't be suprised by the outfits of the workers, they may be wearing bonnets and breaches. I also heard that there was a civil war re-enactment? Not sure about that one. So if anyone wants to go, DO IT. I'm probably going to go Saturday because I work Sunday. I believe its open 10a.m. - 6p.m. on Saturday and then 10a.m. - 5p.m. on Sunday. OH AND ITS FREE! (except parking, thats like $4)

No comments:

Post a Comment