Thursday, September 15, 2011

the log

WEEKLY READING LOG
this week: 184
last week: 168
semester: 612
favorite sentences:

1. "I lost Ruth then I lost Tommy, but I won't lose my memories of them" (page 287).

This sentence really stuck out to me while reading because it was towards the end of the book and it seemed to just wrap things up in a sort of carefree manner. It was like even though all of these bad things were happening that she was at peace with herself and the situation.
2."At one stage I found myself on a road I'd never been on, and for about half an hour I didn't know where I was and didn't exactly care" (page 288).

This sentence gave me a feeling of solitude. Like she didn't have to be anywhere at any particular time and she didn't have to worry about anything. The book ended with how I'd imagine a closing scene of a movie. The screen would fade out and she'd be driving away not to any point or in any rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment