Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Never Let Me Go cont.

By the way if you want to read Never Let Me Go this may possibly be a spoiler alert:

Alright, I've gotten a lot farther into the book. I've just breached part two. So far I've found out that Kath and the children who were at Hailsham were different from the rest of the world. I'm not exactly sure what they are but 1. they can't have babies because their bodies can't produce them. 2. they were created for the soul purpose of donations. There entire existence revolves around donating their vital organs to others.

When I found this out it was kind of depressing. Miss Lucy was the guardian who told them out of vast anger because none of the children knew. In my opinion was a good choice because they should have the right to know. How would you like to find out some day that your heart was going to be taken from you to give to someone else randomly without a choice? I'd be pretty angry, but on the other hand if I knew before I'd probably still feel the same.

This little bit of information is a bit perplexing because Kath is narrarating this story, and I'm sure she is probably old by now. I'm just wondering why she hasn't donated anything yet. SO MANY QUESTIONS.

I also heard that a movie came out of this book only last year, which is really suprising because I've never heard of it until now. So I may look into that one after I'm done reading this. Here is what the cover looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment