Friday, September 16, 2011

Poet of the year?

I'm just a bit perplexed on how we are supposed to go about doing this. Am I supposed to pick any poet or are my choices limited to the ones given to us? Not exactly sure, so I'll just pick out of the ones already displayed. I guess out of these I would say I admire Dave Etter's "Marcus Millsap: School Day Afternoon". I like this because it illustrates a homey, familiar feel to it. It to me reads as if a stream of his thoughts are being spilled onto his paper rather than him actually setting out to write a poem. It reads as if it were a poem by accident. I then looked him up on the poetry foundation website and found another poem I liked. It was called, "When Sister Pearl Does Her Homework". It didn't have the same feel as the other, it was actually kinda in mockery of her. It shows all of the things she did rather than her actual homework. I can relate to it a bit because I myself tend to drift while doing homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment